Varied, colorful and delicious, the mimosa salad is a bowl of freshness and taste pleasure.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 12 asparagus green
- 400 g of green beans ends
- 6 quail eggs
- 400 g mesclun (mixed salads)
- 4 duck confit gizzards
- 12 garlic croutons
- 8 slices of smoked duck breast
- 8 sheets of chervil
- 12 walnut kernels
- 12 Cherry tomatoes (if the season allows it)
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon of old-fashioned mustard
- 3 cl of sherry vinegar
- 3 cl of walnut oil
- Salt pepper
Mimosa salad recipe
- Wash the asparagus, chervil and cherry tomatoes.
- Wash and wring out the salad.
- Stem and wash the green beans. Cook them in boiling salted water with coarse salt until they are just tender. Cool them in ice water. Drain them.
- Cook the quail eggs in boiling water for 3 minutes. Let them cool. Shell them. Cut them in half.
- Slice the gizzards.
Prepare the vinaigrette:
- In a bowl, place the mustard, pour in the vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Add the two oils while emulsifying.
Dress up the mimosa salad:
- Place the salad in a large salad bowl, arrange the vegetables, the slices of duck breast, the gizzards and the eggs.
- Sprinkle with croutons, cherry tomatoes, walnut kernels and chervil sprigs.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Vary the pleasures by adding a seasonal touch with the vegetables of the moment.
Photo: C. Herlédan