Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 racks of 4 ribs of lamb
- 600 g of salsify
- 1 lemon
- 12 garlic cloves
- 30 g of liquid cream (30% fat)
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tsp. oil soup
- Salt pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 leek
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 bouquet garni
Preparation : 45 min -Cooking : 30 min
Garlic and rosemary steamed rack of lamb, creamy salsify
For the aromatic garnish:
- Peel and wash the onion and garlic.
- Peel and wash the carrot.
- Wash the leek.
- Cut the onion, garlic and carrot into pieces.
- Pour water into the lower part of the steamer, bring it to a boil, add the chopped vegetables, leek, rosemary and bouquet garni, cook for 10 minutes.
- Peel the salsify using a peeler, place them gradually in lemon water (to avoid oxidation). Cut them into sections of 4 to 5 centimeters. Place them in the upper part of the steamer and cook them until tender (the tip of a knife should easily penetrate the flesh).
- Peel, wash and degerm the garlic. Blanch it for 1 to 2 minutes three times.
Cool it down and mix it with 30 g of crème fraîche to obtain a fine purée.
- Place the squares in the upper part of the steamer (add water in the lower part if necessary) cook for about 20 minutes. Remove them.
- Heat the oil and butter, sear the squares on all sides so that they brown and take on a nice color. Season.
- In a dish, place the racks of lamb accompanied by the salsify and the garlic purée.
Photo: C. Herlédan