Here is a delicious recipe for mashed potatoes with sesame butter and Grisons meat, an ideal accompaniment to all types of meat or alone with a good salad.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 60 g semi-salted butter
- 2 tbsp. golden sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon gomasio
- 500 g of potatoes
- 4 slices of Grisons meat
- Salt flower
- Freshly ground pepper
Mashed potatoes, sesame butter
Take the butter out of the refrigerator 1 hour before using it.
In a salad bowl,
- Work the butter with a fork until it takes on the consistency of an ointment.
- Stir in the sesame seeds and gomasio.
- Mix until you get a smooth texture.
- Place the butter thus composed on cling film and shape into a roll, taking care to close the ends well.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for 1h15.
- Peel, wash and cook the potatoes in salted water for 25 minutes.
- Keep them warm.
- Slice the Grisons meat into a fine julienne.
- Crush the mashed potatoes and add the sesame butter.
- Season with fleur de sel and pepper.
- Serve in verrines, enhance the mash with the julienne of dried meat.
- Enjoy without delay.
This puree can be enjoyed on its own or as an accompaniment to fish in foil, meat or mixed salad.
If you are short on time, place the butter in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes.
The texture of the mash potatoes, at the same time dense and slightly floury but also mellow and smooth, is so much sweeter on the palate that it has for many of us a scent of childhood.
Its aromatic, almost neutral character makes it an excellent support which will here reinforce both the sesame and the dried meat notes. All in delicacy, this preparation calls for tender and supple wines or slightly acidic if you want to give it a little relief. In the latter case, a Gamay de Touraine, by its fruitiness and liveliness, will bring a freshness that will contrast with the dish and give it a little “pep”.
In contrast, a southern Chardonnay like a Pays d'Oc, smooth and fleshy, with milky and toasted aromas, will blend with respect into the mash.
You can also choose another wine from the same grape variety but having more acidity, such as a Montagny, Bourgogne des Côtes Chalonnaises, which will bring more lightness to this recipe while respecting its aromatic character.
Price ideas (in 2011):
Gamay de Touraine € 3 to 10, Chardonnay Pays d´Oc € 3 to 10, Montagny € 8 to 15
Well-being and potato
A staple food for humans, this starch contains nutritional qualities: rich in carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, salts
minerals, however, it contains very little lipids. Be careful, its nutritional value is often modified by the way it is cooked.
- Health: benefits and virtues of potatoes
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel