To change from traditional potato pancakes or vegetable patties, let yourself be tempted by these delicious quinoa pancakes with carrot and leek.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 200 g of quinoa
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 2 eggs
- 30g butter
- 2 tbsp. grape seed oil
- coarse salt
Health : benefits and virtues of carrots and benefits and virtues of leek
Read also: health benefits and virtues of quinoa
Carrot and leek quinoa pancake
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water.
- Bring a pot of salted water in coarse salt to a boil, immerse the quinoa in it.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Drain then set aside.
- Remove the first, too firm leaves of the leek and its ends.
- Wash it and mince it finely.
- Peel, wash and cut the carrots into julienne.
In a pan,
- Melt the butter, place the carrots and leek in it.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Let cool.
In a salad bowl,
- Combine the quinoa, the contents of the pan and the whole eggs.
- Mix well.
In small stoves,
- Heat the oil, place some of the contents of the salad bowl in it.
- Flatten with a spatula.
- Heat the pancakes for 3 minutes on the first side.
- Flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
To serve !
A sliced chicken with paprika cream: the ideal accompaniment to this pancake. To do this, cut 4 chicken breasts into
strips, sauté in 30 g of butter for 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika, pour 10 cl of liquid cream. Reduce.
To shape these pancakes even better: place a stainless steel circle 6 centimeters in diameter in the pan, fill it with
quinoa, pack well. Bake 2 minutes on each side and finish cooking 5 minutes in an oven at 150 ° C (th.5).
Words from the kitchen
Slice: cut into thin slices.
Reduce : Evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Jump: rapid cooking which allows to bring a beautiful color and to fix the taste by the contribution of a fatty substance.
Cut into fine julienne: Cut into regular slices 1 to 2 mm thick then layer and cut into filaments of a few centimeters = cut into small sticks (eg leek julienne, orange zest julienne, etc.).
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan