The arrival of fall marks the arrival of a delicious recipe, butternut soup.
Ingredients for 4 to 6 people:
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 potato
- 1 shallot
- 1 large knob of butter
- 1 l (approximately) chicken broth
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt pepper
Its incredible texture makes it an exceptional velvety that is difficult not to enjoy.
Butternut soup recipe
The butturnet soup recipe offers an incomparable smoothness because the texture of the butturnet squash mixes perfectly. It is also called doubeurre in French, mainly for this reason.
Here is the preparation of the butternut soup:
- Remove the skin and stringy parts of the butturnet.
- Cut the butternut into pieces.
- Peel and cut the potato into pieces.
- Peel and mince the shallot.
In a Dutch oven,
- Melt a knob of butter.
- Add the butternut then brown the sides.
- Add the potato.
- Pour in water until the vegetables are covered (or the chicken broth if it is already prepared)
- Add the chicken stock cube.
- Pour in the olive oil.
- Add the parsley sprigs.
- Salt, pepper
- Bring to a boil then cook for about 20 minutes
The soup is cooked by sticking a sharp knife into the butter without resistance.
- Mix everything
- Adjust seasoning.
Enjoy your meal !
Smart tip about butternut soup
You can add a few grilled croutons rubbed in garlic, a little parsley on top when serving the soup or grilled bacon, it's a treat!
If the butturnet has long since entered the tables of great restaurants, it is even less known than the famous pumpkin but just as delicious.