As a starter or as a light dish, this vegetable soup with pesto is delicious.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
For the soup:
- 1/2 onion
- 1 celery
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 leek (with the white and the tender green part)
- 1 potato
- 1 turnip
- 50 g shelled peas
- 50 g of sliced green beans
- 50 g fresh coconut shelled
- 1.5 l vegetable broth
- 80 g lean breast
- 80 g butter
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 bouquet garni salt
For the pesto:
- 10 g garlic
- 40 g basil leaves
- 10 cl of olive oil
- 80 g grated Parmesan
Wash and peel the vegetables.
- Cut the onion, celery, zucchini and tomato (previously peeled and seeded) into 5 mm cubes.
- Cut the carrot, leek, potato, and turnip into 1 cm-thick whistles.
- Cut the bacon into 5 mm sticks.
- Cover the coconuts in water (start with cold water) and cook them with the bouquet garni for 40 min.
- Cook the peas and green beans al dente in salted boiling water, then immerse them in cold water and drain.
Prepare the pesto:
- Put all the elements in the bowl. Mix for 2 minutes 30 minutes, until you obtain a solid emulsion.
- Pour the soup into a soup tureen, add a tablespoon of pesto, mix.
- Serve the remaining pesto in a gravy boat. Serve hot.
Recipe : CIDIL -Photo : C. Herlédan