Here is a delicious ham and leek pie recipe, crisp and as easy as it is quick to make.
Ingredients for about 4 people:
- 2 rolls of puff pastry
- 4 slices of ham (without rind)
- 1 white leek
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of parsley dish
- 1 egg
For the béchamel:
- 30 g of semi-salted butter, 40 g of flour, 50 cl of whole milk
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Ham and leek pie recipe
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- Roll out a roll of puff pastry in a non-stick pie dish.
- Place in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes (thus cooled, the dough will not deform during cooking).
- Remove it from the refrigerator and prick it.
- On the bottom, place a sheet of baking paper, sprinkle with grains of rice or pulses (lentils, chickpeas, etc.) to prevent the dough from swelling during pre-cooking.
- Bake and pre-cook for 10 minutes. Remove the baking paper and all that contains, and continue to pre-cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Reserve.
- Cut the ham slices into pieces.
- Clean and cut the leek into strips.
- Wash, remove leaves and chop the parsley.
For the béchamel:
- In a large saucepan, just melt the butter over low heat, add the flour.
- Mix and cook for 3 minutes over low heat (without coloring).
- Let this roux cool.
- In another saucepan, bring the milk to a boil. Gradually pour over the cooled roux, mixing with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes while stirring.
- The béchamel must thicken.
- Add the leek and parsley to the béchamel sauce. Mix.
- Pour over the puff pastry, cover with ham and the other puff pastry, seal the edges together and brush the surface with egg yolk.
- Bake and cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, divide into equal parts and serve!
For a low-fat bechamel sauce, simply boil the milk and thicken it with flour, without butter. To flavor it, add salt, pepper, nutmeg, even garlic, small pieces of onions or ham depending on its use.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel