A delicious starter made with hot oysters, this recipe for Hot oysters with curry and steamed cabbage is a real treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 24 cancalaise oysters n ° 3
- 1 Chinese cabbage
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tbsp. curry
- 20 cl of liquid cream (30% fat)
- 1 egg
- 500 g of coarse salt
- Salt pepper
Hot oysters with curry, stewed cabbage
What perfume !
- Wash and mince the Chinese cabbage leaves. Sweat them in butter for 10 minutes, sprinkle with curry. Reserve.
- Open the oysters, shell them (collect and filter their water). Wash the inside of the shells.
- Bring the oyster water to a boil, poach the oysters for 30 seconds. Place them back in their shells.
- In a salad bowl, whip the cream. Add an egg yolk, mix gently, season with pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (th.7).
- Arrange the empty oyster shells in an oven dish on a bed of coarse salt, distribute the cabbage and top with a tablespoon of whipped cream.
Bake for a few minutes (until golden brown).
- Place a new bed of coarse salt on plates, place the oysters there.
- To serve !
Tokay Pinot Gris from Alsace
Words from the kitchen
Slice : cut into thin slices.
Poach : cook a food (meat, fish, egg, fruit, etc.) in a simmering liquid (water, milk, stock, stock, syrup, etc.). By the time the food is placed in the liquid, the liquid may already be simmering or cold.
Sweat : remove the vegetation water from a vegetable by gently heating it without coloring in a fatty substance in order to concentrate the flavors.
Calories per person: 750
Photo: C. Herlédan