The egg casserole is a simple and tasty way to cook eggs and it works equally well as a starter, an appetizer or a main course.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 very fresh eggs
- Fresh cream
- Aromatic herbs of your choice (parsley, tarragon, chives, etc.)
- Salt pepper
Egg casserole recipe
The success of this recipe lies mainly in the cooking but also in the choice of the garnish.
You can also add bacon (previously cooked) as well as tomatoes, bread, ham, mushrooms or even foie gras.
Here is the basis of the recipe for casserole eggs ...
- Start by preheating the oven to 175 ° and prepare a bain-marie in the middle of the oven
- Butter each ramekin
- Season the empty ramekin with salt and pepper
- Add 1 level tablespoon of sour cream
- Add the garnish of your choice and the aromatic herbs
- Gently place the egg on top without breaking the yolk
- Place the ramekins in the double boiler and cook for about 8 minutes
Be careful, the cooking should not be too long, as the egg will continue to cook after removing from the oven. The yolk must remain liquid or cooking for too long will make it hard.
- Serve hot with a few "mouillettes" of bread and butter
Enjoy your meal !