Here is a great way to prepare the foie gras with the recipe for foie gras confit with Guérande salt.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 200 gr of raw foie gras
- 50 cl of semi-skimmed organic milk
- 100 gr of salad (mesclun or chewed up)
- 12 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 kg of coarse salt
- 1 pinch of fleur de sel
- 1 pinch of pepper (in crushed grains)
- 50 gr of walnut kernels (or pine nuts, hazelnuts ...)
To discover: all our foie gras-based recipes
Recipe for foie gras confit with Guérande salt
The day before:
- Pour the milk into a deep dish, put the liver in it to soak. Reserve in the refrigerator.
Take out the liver and expose it to room temperature 30 minutes before working it, wipe it dry.
The next day, preparation of the foie gras confit:
Place the foie gras on a cutting board. Separate the two lobes. Extract the large central vein and its small branches by pulling them gently. Season it lightly with salt and pepper on all sides.
Shape it into a sausage shape, wrap it in gauze compresses. Cover with coarse salt and let stand 8 to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
Remove the liver from the refrigerator, wipe it dry to remove the excess coarse salt. Remove the compresses and cut it into slices.
Wash the salad and the cherry tomatoes. Drain them.
For the vinaigrette:
- In a bowl, place the vinegar, salt and pepper, mix.
- Add the oils while emulsifying.
- In a salad bowl, season the salad with vinaigrette.
Spread the seasoned salad on a plate, arrange the foie gras slices harmoniously on top. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and crushed pepper.
Decorate with a few cherry tomatoes and walnut kernels.
Recipe proposed by the Dairy Products Collective, Photo: C. Herlédan