Here is a dessert made with quinoa and red fruits, low in calories and delicious at the same time.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 150 g of rice flour
- 60 flakes of quinoa
- 20 g of cornstarch
- 1⁄2 tsp. guar gum
- 1⁄2 sachet of yeast
- 80 g semi-salted butter
- 50 g cane sugar
- 50 g of Red fruits (or dried fruits, cranberries, etc.)
- 15 cl of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 drizzle of milk
- 1 tbsp. teaspoon cane sugar
Quinoa and red berry scones recipe
- Place the flour, quinoa flakes, cornstarch, guar gum and yeast in a bowl.
- Cut 60 g of butter into small pieces.
- Add them to the contents of the salad bowl, kneading with your fingertips until you obtain a fine crumb.
- Add sugar, fruit and mix.
- Pour in the milk gradually so as to obtain a soft dough (the dough must be supple without being sticky).
- Form a ball.
Preheat the oven to 220 ° C (th. 7/8).
- Separate the yolk from the egg white.
- In a ramekin, arrange the egg yolk, a drizzle of milk and the spoon of brown sugar.
On a floured work surface,
- Form scones about 2 inches in diameter.
- Brush each scone with the egg yolk and sugar mixture.
Arrange the scones on a non-stick baking sheet, spacing them enough from each other.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. They must be well inflated and golden brown.
Enjoy the scones accompanied by butter and jam.
Low in calories, the tasty small grains of quinoa are low in lipids, rich in proteins, iron, trace elements, fibers ... Particularly digestible, it does not contain gluten.
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel