Simple and quick to make, these small individual desserts will delight your guests.
Here is the recipe for the caramelized yogurt mugs cake.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1⁄2 jar of yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 jar of wheat flour
- 2 pinches of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 pot of melted butter
- 2/3 jar of palm sugar
- 1 jar of liquid salted butter caramel
- 4 tbsp. teaspoon of praline (or crushed hazelnuts)
Recipe for caramelized yogurt mug cakes
Throughout the recipe, keep the pot of yogurt as the unit of measurement.
- Empty 1⁄2 pot of yogurt into a bowl.
- Add the flour and baking powder, mix and then add the egg. Mix well.
- Pour in the melted butter, mix then add the palm sugar. Mix again.
- Pour into the mugs (about 2/3 the height) and cook for 1 minute in the microwave, at high power.
- Let cool and dress when serving with the salted butter caramel and praline.
Please note, depending on the microwave, the cooking time may vary.
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel
Find out more about palm sugar
Palm sugar is from the Palmyra palm (known as sugar palm), a tree growing in particular in Southeast Asia (Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, India, etc.), whose inflorescence is incised to release the sap, containing the precious sesame.
This liquid can be consumed fresh as a nourishing drink, fermented in alcohol or cooked to recover the sugar. Marketed in Asian grocery stores or organic stores in the form of bread or yellow-brown powder, palm sugar, which is rich in fructose, has greater sweetening power than white sugar. Perfumed, it brings a note spicy and caramelized in the dishes he composes.