Here is a delicious recipe for rabbit tagine and candied lemons, parsley and coriander, potato parsnip and pumpkin.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 onions
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon of parsley
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon of coriander
- 1 tbsp. of ginger
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 farm rabbit legs
- 90 g butter
- 150 g of potatoes (shot)
- 1 parsnip
- 1/2 pumpkin
- 2 candied lemons
- 100 g of blanched almonds
Tagine of farm rabbit thighs with candied lemons
- Peel, degerm and chop the garlic.
- Peel, wash and mince the onions.
- Wash and chop the parsley and coriander.
- Chop the ginger.
- In a salad bowl, combine these ingredients with the pepper and saffron. Season with salt and oil. Cover the rabbit legs with this mixture. Leave to marinate for 2 hours, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Melt the butter gently in a casserole dish, brown the thighs
rabbit for about 10 minutes, turning them regularly. Pour in the marinade. Add ó l of water. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Peel and wash the potatoes, parsnip and pumpkin. Cut the latter 2 into cubes. Add them to the contents of the casserole dish. Cook for 10 minutes, remove the rabbit, keep warm.
- Cut the candied lemons finely, then add them to the casserole dish. Simmer, 5 to 10 minutes, until a syrupy sauce forms.
- Meanwhile, roast the almonds.
- Arrange the rabbit legs in a tagine dish, cover them with sauce and add the vegetables and the candied lemon. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Vary the vegetables by replacing the parsnip and pumpkin with carrots, or by offering other starchy foods in place of new potatoes, such as couscous, rice, bulgur, gourmet cereals, etc.
When browning the rabbit legs, you can add a drizzle of honey to make them lightly caramelize.
Recipe: S. Samson, Photo: F. Hamel