Here's a delicious feta bean salad recipe that's as easy as it is quick to prepare.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 kg of beans
- 100 g of raw ham
- 1 shallot
- 2 new onions
- 200 g of feta
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 100 g of currants red
- Coarse salt, fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper
Bean salad with feta
- Remove the pod from the beans.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Pour a handful of coarse salt and cook the beans for 3 to 4 minutes in boiling water. Drain them, let cool (about 1 hour) then remove the skin surrounding them with a small knife.
- Cut the raw ham into strips.
- Peel, wash and chop the shallot and onions.
- Crumble the feta.
- Prepare the vinaigrette: in a bowl, arrange the fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper, vinegar, shallot and then oil. Mix well.
- In a salad bowl, pour the beans, feta, onion, ham, currants, mix gently so as not to crush the feta.
- Serve in individual bowls, very cool, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Learn more about the bean
Originally from the Middle East, the bean is a vegetable plant cultivated for its seeds, bearing the same name, eaten fresh or dry.
A staple food since Antiquity, this legume was also used as a voting token during the Saturnalia: during these popular Roman festivals, preceding the winter solstice and celebrating the god Saturn, a banquet king was elected.
Subsequently, the tradition was continued with the galette des rois of the Epiphany in which we hid a (real) bean.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel